Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mel Gibson World's Biggest D-bag Blogaround

The first time I became aware of Mel Gibson's heinous attitudes towards Jews, I was 15 and the Passion of the Christ had just been released. Even before my feminist awakening, I was aware of the power of the dollar, and I resolved to never give any of mine to Mel Gibson. To this day, I have never seen a film with Mel Gibson in it, and I am 21. Since then, Mel reinforced my disdain and utter contempt with his anti-Semitic rant to a police officer in 2006, and now he has verbally and physically abused his girlfriend, the mother of his child. As Renee of Womanist Musings so succinctly puts it, Gibson is "cruel, abusive and drunk on privilege". I am even further resolved not to see his movies, and to encourage my friends to do the same.

Below is a summary of links to other blogs who have covered the story (warning: some of these links may be triggering):

Feministing: Mel Gibson: Bonafide Abusive Asshole
Womanist Musings: Now Mel Gibson Admits to Hitting Oksana, How Long Until We Forgive Him?
Shakesville: Mel Gibson Is A Vile Racist Douchebag Of Epic Proportions... But You Already Knew That
The Sexist: When the Threat of Stranger Rape Facilitates Acquaintance Rape
Slog: Stay Classy, Mel

Feel free to leave other links in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment